May 1, 2015

Mojito Night at Cafe Cubana

Drinking Mojitos reminds me of sailing, the sea, and the various boat events that I went to. Sipping bottomless Mojitos was a breeze as the crisp clean air whipped my hair to look out to the sea and watch the different activities. From the hobby cat, to the kayak, to the sail boat and the yacht, the passionate roll of the waves made me feel grounded. At that time, to lie at a shaded part of the shore while being served Mojitos by a dashing, suave, tall, blue-eyed sailor who had eyes that could stare far into the sea had made my heart feel the endless tide. Those uncountable Mojito days and nights are a bottled memory, and as captivating as the sea was when looking at it with a sailor's eyes, as often as we sailed during the day, the endless walks by the sea, the stormy, lightning-filled nights, I refused to tie the knot of the rope for us to sail away and have let the bottled memory float out to sea as the ebb tide made the tracks disappear forever. 

For such a long time, I have refused to drink Mojitos but I did have a couple of these when I went to Cafe Cubana, located at BF Homes, Paranaque. It was a hot summer night and as always, I would have preferred to have a cold beer but there was a promo, and at the first sip, the crispy minty refreshing taste of the ice-cooled Mojito made me change my mind. I had one, then another. I had forgotten the bottled memory and revealed in the taste of the beverage as I no longer felt the sand of those shores. It was the experience of the night and respect for the company I was with and so I enjoyed the Mojitos for that night as Cafe Cubana makes good ones. 


Mojito



Inside Cafe Cubana 


Outside Cafe Cubana

It was fun and though I don't ever get drunk like with the 5 shots of brandy that I had last night and the endless buckets of beer with my friends in Tagaytay, it was the billiard game that was the highlight of that Mojito night. 


Billiard Table
The game I played proved that I was out of practice. Oh, how I love to play billiards, it's my sport of choice. I can play for hours every night as I did before. Then the food arrived, and we ate, and it was time to go home. 





The menu is a photo menu, and the food was quite good though I never did get to try the mini Angus burgers. The servings are large, the wait was not long. I will go back to Cafe Cubana to play billiards and try the other items on the menu and order beer yet as the lure of the Mojito promo ends too early for me and wonder if it could be extended.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...