May 13, 2015

Fluttering In The Wind

Time is of the essence or is it? We may wish for things today and then not think of tomorrow. But, if we know and are secure - then there is always tomorrow. 



Silly thoughts flint through my mind sometimes - which does not include not waking up though! Today I smile and get ready for bed, dreading the fact that I might again wake up before 4 am because of the heat - but take it in stride as life isn't a bed of roses without thorns. 

Don't trust, don't believe

I had a meeting earlier today and it went well. It lasted for a few hours and then it was time to pack up and see my daughter. I entered the meeting with massive apprehension as I could here the warning of my father about the person I was dealing with. Don't trust, don't believe. And this is what I did. Mid-meeting, I looked for the foot of the guy beside me and kicked his shoe, telling him to behave.  I don't care how much money you dangle in front of me as I am here for work, to make money, and they make money along the way. So it all went well and I saw my daughter, hanged out for a while at the bar that she runs and since the guys I met with accompanied us there, I made my statement in front of my kids and the guy that I kicked, placing my foot down and making things clear.  

Know who to trust

People have some sort of ulterior motive, some more obvious than the others. I have been some reading at PsychologyToday.com so I can learn more about myself  and others, and I have learned a lot. A sad thing that I learned is that to control the lack of attention problem which is in Filipino "KSP" kulang sa pansin, may be done by the person yet it occurs because of neglect and it's something that can be controlled. I should read more about other factors that makes me react the way I do yet I do know who to trust. For me, trusting a person means getting to know them with different situations and then the trust grows. Of course, there will always be differences yet the basic trust is there. 

Fluttering in the wind 

As a woman who has been around though that doesn't sound that good, I know when the direction is changing from what was intentionally planned which is work. The thing is, I have been around long enough to make it work in my favor and there'll be no such dealings as it's best to be straight - work is work and I will kick and dump any deal that isn't that way. 

Seeming like a butterfly that looks pretty and alluring, when it comes to making money that's all that I think of. Though I wear a skirt and it flutters in the wind, the sight might be enticing, and if the ones that I am talking to just look at my skirt, it's not going to work. 


Today and many tomorrows
Soon, I will compute to see how much money is needed to make the deal push through to my satisfaction, create a solid contract and maybe next week the deal will push through, if the person has enough money and back up to complete the project that I will present and before I give any details, the money for me to move has to be there. In the meantime, I do not leave empty-handed as my time is money, indeed. 

And, I was happy today to see that the effort was made by a friend to be with me. No talking, not much said but that's okay because I'll be there tomorrow and for many tomorrows as often as I can, seeing things through and there isn't any need to talk much anyway. 

Too many questions

I have been getting a lot of questions lately. Some are prying, out of curiosity, of real interest, and then gathering knowledge about me. The typical conversational questions don't bother me but I don't know why I get questions like "What kind of a man are you looking for?" makes me want to grab the person by the collar.

Fluttering in the wind like a beautiful butterfly brings more attention than I am used to. And, as my skirt flutters, there's more to me than what meets the eye. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you kicked him with your foot. Men can be idiots. Sorry if I offended you when I asked what kind of man you are looking for. You see, I didn't know about the incident then, and the womenwere talking of men in general, so I asked. Mea Culpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mona, it wasn't that I was offended, I was being drilled too much during that day about looking for someone. I ain't looking... don't take it like I got hurt please as I did answer the question.

    ReplyDelete

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...