May 10, 2015

Virtual Friends Are Real


The key to enjoying life online is to keep in mind that all virtual friends and followers are real. 

When I first used Facebook, it was to keep in touch with family and friends and to play games! Twitter was a must though I really didn't know what to do, I got an account. After creating a Tumblr, my youngest daughter said I was too old for it so that account is dust-covered. Pinterest was made for work, Google Plus for work, Bubblews and other writing sites for work, and lately while developing my Instagram account, discovered the key to reach a larger targeted audience. 

I joined and won a contest at Twitter so the contest bug bit me hard. Going on Facebook, there was a sharing video contest so I needed to gain more friends to win and I went for it with the help of my other contest joining friends. I constantly expand my network, having nearly 5,000 friend on Facebook, over 3,000 followers on Twitter making me "Twitter Famous", and gaining a large responsive, targeted audience online with other networking sites. I appreciate all that add and follow me as they are real people. 

Real People

I go online basically to work and along the way, as I develop my social media accounts, I gained real friends who I laugh and cry with. All people online are real, some lie more than other using the veil of the internet, some are bad, some are lonely so they look for love online. I have no such luck in finding love online as it isn't for me to go into an unknown long-distance relationship but I do find friends. 

People are real and that fact keeps me going. Yesterday, I followed back on Twitter over 40 people, worrying that my clicking follow so fast would result in being blocked for a while and the good thing was that my new followers were targeted according to the hashtags that I tweet about often. On Facebook, I have a lot of pending accepts but I still have to delete other friends so I can't add too much more as I am hesitant to delete as I do know that many are there - and a touch online can be felt instantly anywhere the person is in the world. 

Going offline into the real world which I don't do very often, I see many lonely people. I am not lonely though I am usually alone as there is my online world. Like yesterday, I saw a woman who complimented my dog and she sat beside me. I saw in her eyes that she was rather sad and so I chatted with her for a minute but then I had to leave. I hope to see her again and maybe we can become friends and though I know many people, gaining new friends is great. 

Online Marketing 

During a discussion yesterday, I was emphasizing the need to develop a targeted audience for online marketing. As not everyone has all the social networks and even Linkedin, FourSquare, and other such networking sites, one has to be present and active to make the most of these resources for marketing. 

Constant Change

It's good to keep in mind that the online world is constantly changing and what is in today might not be trending tomorrow. Note that the last conversation that I had with my 7 year old nephew proves it. I had asked why he no longer tags me on Facebook and he said. "I hardly use Facebook as I don't play the games anymore so subscribe to my YouTube account!" 


Online and offline, there is constant change. 

People are real and we must treat them as such. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...