May 17, 2015

Good Morning Starshine

No, don't go, it's a cruel world out there, you know! The warning was heard and left unheeded as when we go on with our life, the fear of what is out there should not hold us back.

To pack up and leave has been an option. Abuse comes in many forms. The drilling, grilling kind of a miserable, greedy life even when times was plentiful emits powerful negative vibes. Speak not of the ongoing projects, speak not of prospects, speak not of much except trivial matters that may also be cut down. Oppressive, as the happiness lies on what material things can buy and has been so for years, the burden is not so much the cost but the lack of contentment verbalized and if ever the matters would be listed down, it would be reviving the pain.

Started doing mundane, repeated tasks, and hearing the words of the one prodding that is merely observing, saying "I'm lazy, it's too hot, I can't afford it, it's going to be tiring.. "  and more to start my day was making things much heavier that they really are. Deciding to shrug it off, which apparently hasn't really happened as I am writing this, a relaxing afternoon break and a few hours of work before a celebrating the birthday of a friend was the way I spent the rest of my day. 

There was this guy at the party who we heckled along with the other dudes who were trying to set up the laptop to the TV to the sound system. Upon seeing the way he moved, then his taking the effort to pour out my drink, open the door, and do other things such as call up the other people to arrive, as some of us stood at the parking lot, I noticed the bandana on his head to cover up the baldness. When he moved away, still talking on his cell, I asked another friend quietly, "Is there something wrong with him?" and the answer was "Yes, he has cancer." As we moved back inside, he again opened the door for me and I said, "Hey, you're all-around help here!" as I saw him a few days ago carrying the TV. He answered, "Yes, I am doing a lot of things and I am sick." I stared at him and said, "Don't mention it." He smiled.

Mind over matter. What you don't mind doesn't really matter? What you do mind becomes a mountain that is more difficult to overcome. The world can be cruel, it may be a one-way street.

No, don't go, it's a cruel world out there, you know!
The burden? Greed. Materialism. Vanity. It's empty, that misery.

I am not afraid. I am not half-alive. I know what I value and it cannot be counted as it is immeasurable and priceless. As the sun and moon rises, should I bury my face in my hands to find solace for such is sacrifice yet for what? To fill the need? The night sky always changes. The stars move as they are supposed to. There's sunset and there's the dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...