May 27, 2015

When Epic Fails Work Out

We cannot control a lot of events, it is just our reaction that makes the difference and that we can control. Things do happen and like what happened to my dog Nala Pippin, a Jack Russell-Shihtzu, when she realized that life is full of surprises, as she was so excited to go out and turns around to wonder, "Hey, what you sticking up my butt?"


After a couple of epic fails in attempting to handle the tasks that I inherited, it is time to sit back and study these matter again. I do have a rich investor who would say yes easily since he is like family but as our policy would have it, we refuse to ask him for money unless it is utterly necessary. Business is different and the people that we love who help us are not a financing arm.

It's so unbelievable sometimes that things do go my way. Simple wishes like to have a cake for my birthday happens without my asking anyone for it. People knock on the door of my house with gifts, unexpected, much appreciated. In my life, I do remember a lot of things and it's the generosity that is not measured by the value of the gift but the effort placed into making my day much brighter that is truly the essence of the gift.

I wanted an investor for the project in mind and one suddenly appeared but it went astray, an epic fail. I have no sadness about it because the money was never in my hands so it can't be lost as we can't lose what we don't have, right? The other epic fail was the hope to be able to claim some money but then again, I wouldn't have remembered it was there if I didn't talk to the guy yet what peeved me off the most was the fact that I had to bring this transaction to my mother and it was all squat. In both instances, I realized that even if I had "conjured" them, I was talking to the wrong people and keep close the ones I care for and keeping away the ones that are not trustworthy. These couple of epic fails took a short time to be realized and it's a good thing to know, early in the game. Relaxed, I end my day fulfilled that I tried my best.

As corny as it sounds, loving, caring, inspiring, and motivating someone provide the wind beneath their wings. To do so takes nurturing, effort, and going that extra mile. Then, once they have flown, strong and free, and no longer need me in their lives, I can stop and the return home, to my friendship, to a love that was once there, should be voluntary. I do not ask or demand as it is always better when it is not asked for, keeping in mind that we are all ships that travel the sea, some cross our path and some travel with us in the same direction, and what matters is how I light up their way.

Today I stop as the epic fails are too irritating, taking up my time and focus. What I did realize is that I can still throw a wrench to stop gears from moving and that what people think that what I can do because of who I am is an illusion that is highly effective because, in fact, I am nobody, they just want to think that I am and I must remember to bow. For what pushes me to greater heights, what brings me up is not what I do, not who I am, not what I have achieved or can achieve, knowing how to grab opportunity while it is there as that time may not come around again, the luck that follows me and the people that I love - and all of it is due because of people who are the wind beneath my wings and that keeps me going as for every epic fail, there might be another! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...