Apr 29, 2015

My Birthday: Metrowalking and Chilling

April 12, 2015. Sweltering hot. It's going to be a long day, I thought, and it was my birthday.

The day started with a meeting in the morning then went home to cook sinigang due to insistent family demand. There was to be a lunch out but after we had the plural of rice which is extra rice, the stuffed stomach made us lethargic, too lazy to move. Yet, we had to go to Metrowalk as there was another meeting. Yikes, the one pm heat was overwhelming. We had to go and got ready fast, zipped out of BF Homes Paranaque and off to Ortigas. Meeting was over in less than an hour and it was time to go Metrowalking to relax.  Metrowalk is a mall in the Ortigas area. It is alive at night, teeming with people. There's typically a live band playing at the center of the mall. It's a place to hang out with friends and meet new ones. Restaurants abound such as i-Bagnet that I love as it serves authentic Vigan cuisine such as bagnet and empanada and my other hangout like Fluids bar owned by Peter Mendoza who is so much fun to chill with as we drink unlimited cocktails and talk the night away. But that afternoon, Metrowalk was quiet and my daughter, Maxi, insisted that I have a halo halo when all that I wanted a below-zero beer from iBagnet! So we went to Icebergs and ordered. 




Halo Halo 



Salad

It was a cooling, delicious, superb halo halo, choked full of ingredient.  Maxi and I divided it with her getting the ube ice cream while I had the strawberry. Maxi devoured the salad and I had a few bites - the harmonious blend with the cheese made it enticingly delicious. And, Maxi told the staff that it was my birthday and Icebergs Metrowalk surprised me with this plate with sliced bananas. chocolate drizzle, and ice cream



Since I had to meet with family and a couple of friends at 6 pm to celebrate my birthday, we rushed back to Sucat, hanged out at SM BF, and then walked to our favorite Chinese restaurant. It was still early so we went to this parlor and it had a karaoke and we were being serenaded by one of the staff! Maxi had a hair spa, I had my nails done, and my youngest arrived to have her nails done too. Then, off to dinner at Toho. Dinner was fine, all the favorites were on the table and I do enjoy simple celebrations, as for me a birthday is just like going from one grade to another. My kids went their way and during the ride home, I felt sleepy yet had to go online to answer some of the Facebook birthday messages and with over 200, I am not done yet as Facebook might block me because I repeat the comment, "Thank you" too often. 



Upon reflection of that day, the gifts I got meant a lot. The time spent with me to make my day special shows that it is important to them even though birthdays are not important to me. The messages that came from old and new friends, it felt good to be remembered. It was a perfect start to the third quarter of my life of which the game would be set. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...