May 7, 2015

Checkpoint: Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Fight

Checkpoint is a rock bar located in what has been called the Pacquiao building which is Metro Star Mall in BF Homes Paranaque. The Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Fight last May 3, 2015 was dubbed "The Fight of the Century" and with the glory of the Philippines at stake, people were getting ready to watch it which includes placing bets on who will win! There were different venues in my area to watch the fight like at Elorde at Sucat where the politician Roilo Golez watched, the free viewing at Pergola mall in BF, Mulligans for the expats and the new coffee shop, Barako Haus. 
As it is with us Southern peeps, the decision where to go is typically made last minute. When my daughter, Sarah, called me the night before to ask where I was going to watch, I said, "Of course I will watch the fight at the Pacquiao building!" Being a rocker Mom with a formidable listing of "sons" to include Ocho Toleran of Queso, JC Sebastian of Stick Figgas, Anton Saldana, Bong "Quality" Luib, and Miko Acu of the past Cosmic Love, I have been watching local bands in places like B-Side where I hang out with Anna Sobrepena and the starry-eyed singer, Lian Diorella Cruz, which makes it so great for me to hang out at Checkpoint because it is in my village - and did I mention that my daughter, Sarah, also works there?
Viewing the fight at Checkpoint was much more awesome than I expected. The breakfast choices were many and the tapa that I ate was soft and mouth-wateringly delicious. The fight was shown in HD and the audio was terrific. What I totally enjoyed was the crowd, as from standing up during the National Anthem, the cheering and the long loud booing, and the relaxed atmosphere of rockers wearing band shirts. and the families and friends that watched together. I will also never forget the hushed, angry yet sad silence after the fight. 

Checkpoint rock bar delivers great, memorable events each and every time they have one, which is often. It is open from Wednesdays until Saturdays and was open on a Sunday for the Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao fight. Serving cold beers at 55 bucks, and other drinks and food at highly reasonable prices, you'll get to watch local bands such as Razorback and enjoy acoustic nights like that featuring the captivating Kat Aurellano and cool guitar playing of Kenneth Takeuchi who are also Southern peeps. 
Go to Checkpoint rock bar, 3rd floor, Metro Star Mall, BF Homes. 
IT'S ON and only place where great music plays live 4 times a week in this area. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...