Jun 2, 2015

Tough Cookies? Still Great!

What are you going to do with a bunch of tough cookies?
Dunk them in coffee or milk!

Yesterday, I made a small batch of cookies to fill two baking trays. I bake 3 trays at a time but this time, I wanted to measure the yield and do costing plus check how the new presentation will come out as instead of placing the chocolate chips on top like before when my daughters, Sarah and Maxi, would individually top each cookie, I had mixed the chocolate chips into the batter. It made it look like a conventional cookie though my youngest said it looked better and of course, these take a lot less time to prepare. 

The first tray I pulled out was soft and chewy, and crunchy at the bottom. I placed these on a plate and "tested" one then "tested" another for texture and taste. Yes, it is our awesome chocolate chip cookies and we are bringing them back due to insistent public demand. 
I wanted to make the cookies more brown on top, so for the next tray, I made the heat higher and baked it for a longer period of time. Upon cooling and packing these, I brought them to the coffee shop and saved a few samples for my friends. The first one who tested it said it was like a biscotti and super crunchy but the true test for me is not what the person does comment, it's how much they eat and as the cookie was being wiped out,I knew it was okay. Then, I gave one to a big friend of mine who looks like he is a cookie monster and he said it was tough. Ah, finally, the truth! I tried to break it and I couldn't snap it easily. So he resolved it by smashing it with the side of his fisted hand - and look how it turned out! 

Yo Pizza Cookie! After cracking up and my taking this once in a life time cookie picture, he got a piece and ate it. I left him to enjoy the home-baked cookie heavenly bliss and stepped out for a drag. When I came back, he pointed and said, "I nearly finished it." 

Tough cookies aren't to be thrown away as this batch isn't burned just browned. Still edible for people with teeth, if the person does have chewing problems, dunk it. 


From my kitchen to your home with love,
Cindy









No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...