Jun 7, 2015

Just Because

Remembering the impulsive times of youth that I would pack up and run away to escape the city life to lie on a beach, taking action does happen just because it feels so right.

As we get older, our impulsive nature gets to be more under control. We study things, make decisions, and hardly act impulsively, placing into account many other things such as responsibility. Prioritizing is a must especially when budgeting for the family and throwing away money on impulsive things such as eating out in expensive restaurants may seem like a treat but then again, once the money has been spent, one has to generate the amount again. It is great to eat out and there are family bonding moments that call for it such as Sundays but then if things are on a budget, it is wise to save the money and make the meals at home more pleasant instead.

Just Because

Doing things "just because" can make us happy or get us in trouble. There are short-term and long-term consequences, perhaps results is a better word as consequences sounds like a negative thing. Being no longer that impulsive, I do take the opportunity that is presented to me while it is still there, as I know that it does only come once and regrets happen if it is lost.

A couple of weeks ago, being very angry, there was the perfect opportunity. After a series of texts that showed how truly a braggart and a liar that person was,to prevent his inflicting pain by using people that I consider as friends, he had to be stopped. Since talking about what he had done won't work as it would simply seem like backbiting and the way he would twist around stories to make himself look spotless, there was a decision that I made which would make him take the judgement stand.

I had informed him to keep away right after the undesirable incident but the past couple of days, he would insist on dropping by where I hang out, looking for his next prey, being loud and obnoxious with his peppered swear words, proud of his evil ways. He, up to today, does not realize that the investor that he dangled in front of me that he is now blocking has been warned, and that I have received a thumbs up signal with a smile from that man who did so while he was walking behind the back of that braggart while on their way out the door. It made me smile as I saw them yesterday walking out as the investor was holding up the paper, snapping, and after an hour, the braggart returned looking down, unable to continue to rip of the investor. Should I text him to meet? Maybe as he did say that he needed a week during our last meeting. No harm in trying or maybe I should wait until that evil man has gone out of the country.

Back to the perfect opportunity. As my buddy stepped out to pay for bills, the seat in front of that braggart was left empty. There was a glass of water on the table. The door was right beside were the one that I disliked was seated. So I pass by and hit the water with my hand and exited the door, fast! He also reacted fast as I expected, hitting me with his hand to slap my butt and scream, "Why are you mad at me?", Going back to the glass front door, I signaled the dude that was with me that it was time to leave, and he stepped out and we went to another restaurant. After cooling off, I went back, sat down, and the braggart started explaining his defense, not knowing that I never said a word to anyone except my closest friend. The more he talked, as the confession with denial spilled out, after I established his motives with a question, he was ignored. The perfect opportunity was there and I took it - since he was making me lose face for the wrong he had done, I cannot accept the crap he will continue to do and he has to be stopped. It worked. 

Opportunities are positive ones and I take it when I see that there will be the response, and does make me live life to the fullest as what is here today may not be there tomorrow, right? Just because does work and thinking about things too much and control makes us get eaten up with stress inside. To show anger and speak up is better than bottling it up as that leads to a heart attack. To show affection and care with little things such as a touch and talks make bonds stronger. To say things does work especially to the people we love and care for. Things do count and doing things 'just because' does work in our favor. 

Sharing this video of Enya singing with her undeniable classic allure a song entitled, "Only Time" that was featured in the movie, Sweet November, that is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...