Jul 22, 2015

Needing Special Attention

It may seem to be normal yet there are certain people who need special attention. I feel that way some days though have drifted back to my quieter mode lately, feeling secure in what I have, what I want, as the universe has been kind to me.

Getting to know a person who lacked peace of mind helped me sort out a lot of things and as abnormal as it may seem, the difference kind of relationship is more supportive than others. Maybe it was the timing, and the special attention was a give and take, and continuous to be a positive one.

Now on to the desperate ones who might need special attention but mainly from a mental health professional. As many are left without treatment, to include yours truly (ah, well) the ones that are controlling seem to want more attention than they deserve as they don't reach out, place boundaries, and dance around people. Not everyone can be fooled all the time, and the need of such people is fed by unhappiness. Though some may have a savior complex, a holier than thou attitude, and are profuse with their complaints about the smallest things, they do need attention but maybe a cold glass of water may douse them back to reality.

Sunset in Samar (photo belongs to Maxi Quema) 
As the continuing story of the man who drives himself to the empty pit of loneliness goes on, the mediocrity of what I had favored has jolted me, making it impossible for the trap to make me fall prey again. It's not a matter of pride, it is a matter of standing firm on the ground, holding on to what I deserve, which is better than the cruel words and lack of sympathy. Since being needy for too long isn't my thing, when I stood up again stronger, the resentment is noted. Simple, I don't need people in my life, as I don't want to use  them. I want people in my life, to be part of my life, and peace above anything else. As I heard him clamoring for attention the other day, there is no olive leaf from me, as I do not want to give hope nor do I want to endure what I did ever again.

Special attention. I saw the unspoken command that was ignored. I heard the statements being made. I saw the effort to ignite jealousy. And I saw the bitterness that pervaded the attitude. I saw how the other person reacted, after saying something else to do something else. I see the lack of eye contact. I hear the emptiness, devoid of sounds of laughter. And know, 100 percent, that it is because of me, and I am glad to say, please proceed with your joyless lives with all the limitations that bog your hearts and minds. Kindly see the lovelight in my eyes ignited by saying yes to life - and people who take control of unhappiness to stop pain from dominating. As the days and nights seem to be tied together for some due to a mediocre life, let me be, as I am happy without the complicated demands that have no real returns.

Have I said enough? My Taipan had said, "Never say never as never is a long time." So I say, "Always."

Life is as beautiful as we make it. I saw a post about appreciating what is there, what is wonderful now, instead of yearning for better things to come. With this, I retire for the night, warm in the glow that comes with the flow from caring that is real. Having poured out my thoughts with this and many other posts, please don't judge or try to look deeper into what I have revealed. After all, I am a writer and these are my stories to weave.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...