Jul 30, 2015

Blame the Feeling

The written reflections of a 90 year old woman that I admire moved me to tears. When she was hurt by a loved one, she had forgiven him, and said that nobody is perfect - and to blame it on the feeling.

Blame it on the feeling. Not on other people's fault. Not on failed expectations. Not on the weather. We feel hurt. Don't peg the blame. Peg the feeling.

As I listened to what she wrote being read out loud, I loved the simplicity of the words used, the flow, and the goodness, which showed in what she wrote. Unlike me, anxiety, worry, stress, with that edge of anger, she has none, and maybe that is why she is perky and beautiful at the age of 90.

A glass is a glass but if you say it is a cup, I won't argue -- she said this to me before. She.does that because that kind of argument cannot be won.

Blame it on the feeling.

Applies for many feelings. Sometimes, it's better to be silent. As feelings do change.




1 comment:

  1. I know who you're referring to. She is absolutely amazing. She also read me stuff she wrote, I think it would make truly beautiful and inspirational book.

    ReplyDelete

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...