Jul 9, 2015

Rainy Days and Cat

Aside from the stray cats that my kids used to pick up and take home to care for, I have had two pet cats in my life, one of which was a Persian cat named Ming and another one that was a Siamese cat that we called Crookshanks. The character of these two felines were worlds apart as Ming was like a stuffed toy and Crookshanks meowed a lot like he was talking and was very active.

I like pets and though my heart was recently broken because my toy poodle passed away, there are the other animals that I won't forget such as Chowder who was a long haired Guinea pig and the two Chinese chickens who I called Sun and Moon. The number of rabbits that I have owned made me give up on taking care of them though I do love rabbits, though they don't live that long. There was a time that I took care of hamsters and had over 40 of them - and my maid got feed up and told me to sell all, so I did, because one of the bit my big toe while I was lying down in my room where I set them all free to run around to play.

Listening to music this rainy afternoon is relaxing and the rains from the past days has helped me wash away the tears from my eyes as I do miss my pet Bailey. Working, writing, hanging out with friends, baking, all of these things I have been doing lately so I am busy and when it comes to the time that I rest or like now write, there is a space for her that is now blank. Though I have two other dogs, one which has taken over her place beside me in my bed and the other one that loves to stay on my lap while I type, Bailey is, by far, the pet that I loved the most.

Not time to make the change as there will be healing as time passes. I do know that I have to go and do things, and yes, I am enjoying the changes in my life but for today, this rainy afternoon, I am taking a break so that I may enjoy the solitude that us writers need to think, feel, so we may us it in what we write, while listening to Cat Stevens song about how real the differences of opinions are between a parent and a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...