Sep 9, 2016

I Won a Food Blogger's Contest! Manong's Lechon Cebu Blogapalooza 2015

Winning isn't everything, it's just my thing.

Blogapalooza 2015 was a business to blogger event. It was held on Oct. 25 at One Esplanade which is near the famous Manila bay. The event had a lot of booths and one of them was Manong's Lechon Cebu. "Lechon" means roasted pig.

I was one of the first bloggers to arrive at the event. The reason why I arrived early was to make sure that I was in the front of the line for the food tasting of Manong's Lechon Cebu which was scheduled for 11 am. And, it was a good thing that I arrived early as there was so mush activities like games. My youngest daughter was with me, and we won a few prizes that day.

Before the stated time, I stood in line waiting for the sample as Cebu Lechon is one of my favorite food. And, while waiting in line, I was witness to the expert chopping procedure of a whole pig. The cleaving was precise and there were no bits and pieces flinging, and it was fast process. The lechon was divided into 3, and then to large portions, then to bite sizes, then it would be topped with the correct ratio of the crispy skin.

As I knew there was a contest, I was studying all the factors that should be written about. A few days after the event, the owner of Manong's Cebu Lechon upon my request, sent me the mechanics. I kept on thinking of what to write and how to make a winning product review, so it took me a while to finish the post - and for a while means days!

I had written the first draft but I wasn't happy with it. What I wrote sounded boring. Then, it dawned on me, that the reason why my family and I love lechon was because of many factors, aside from the fact that it is a festive dish. So I deleted the draft, place detailed food descriptions, and then started a mission, that hopefully can make a change for our country - as the National Food right now is called "Adobo" which does not have a standardized recipe - and it should be "Lechon".

To my delight, it was recently announced that my blog post entry was one of the two that won a lechon de leche (roasted suckling pig).
Lechon de leche
Lechon de leche
I would like to thank Blogapalooza 2015 organizers and Roland Panares, owner of Manong's Lechon Cebu.
It is an honor to be chosen as the winner of this food blogging contest.
I would also like to request that a movement be started to change the National Food of the Philippines to be lechon as it does identify our culture and even our sharing, hospitable nature, and festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...