Oct 29, 2015

Comelec Biometrics: Delete the Right To Vote and Senior Citizen Not Priority

Women gained the right to vote. It is something that I have always taken for granted. I know for a fact that I can vote, and that is my constitutional right.

As there are over 3 million people still not registered with the Biometrics, the fact that I could be deleted is looming over my head like a sword. Let's see, how many times before did I have to update my voter's registration? Why did I end up in a different precinct from my parents and we live in the same house?

The Biometrics is a filing system. I do agree that the files have to be fixed. ID were not issued to many. Yet, the treat of being deleted as a voter because there is urgency for the printing of the ballots and other matters does not hold water for me.

It may have been signed into law yet I firmly believe that even new voters should have the right after the cut off which is on October 31. Maybe there is a way for them to register, right?

If millions are still not registered, no way can the mall Biometrics accommodate all.

Another right that has been waved aside is the senior citizen line priority. No more other comment has to be made. Give them the respect and the service that they deserve, as we do honor and prioritize our senior citizens in all facilities and establishments.

There is no solution but an extension yet my statement is, if the filing system is just to be fixed, should I lose my right to vote? If I had to register again, as this Biometrics should do, it is like becoming a new voter. What was the good of my registering when I was 18 when it can be deleted just like that?

I have the right to vote and it is in the constitution. There should be solutions made for the millions for them to do that Biometrics thing.

I dread the lines. Maybe I should have gone earlier? But wait, even on the last day, I should be accommodated, as a government office should extend the hours if ever there is one voter who will lose their right to vote because of the cut off, as long as they are in line before 5pm, they have the right.

In trying to fix files, we can deprive our countrymen of the basic right that we hold dear. Make the changes, as online line up is not honored, and there are seniors who are waiting in line, don't make them not get priority.









No comments:

Post a Comment

COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises brings back the authentic storytelling roots of Blogging, awards winners of Write to Ignite Season 3

Global award-winning communications group COMCO Mundo League of Enterprises has finally concluded “UNMASKED: The COMCO Mundo Write to Ignite...